Weyn’s – A Quality Guarantee
Quality at its origin
Our honeys are delivered directly from reliable suppliers that must meet set regulations concerning product quality.
• The apiarist/supplier must construct a quality control system which insures a hygienic working method for the buyer.
• The apiarist/supplier must insure that his or her products meet the demands of the FAVV (the Belgian Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain) concerning beekeeping and honey.
• The apiarist/supplier must label his or her products correctly and in compliance with European law.
• Our company guarantees product safety and quality of all the traded goods.
• Since many years, our company makes use of a quality control plan which warrants the safety of our products for the consumer. This plan meets the requirements of the HACCP system, which stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points.
• Our honey is analysed by recognized external laboratories.
In Europe, the use of antibiotics has been condemned in beekeeping. For this reason, we have our honey tested for the presents of chloramphenicol, streptomycine or sulfonamides, as these are the most common types of antibiotics used.
Because we sieve our honey up to four times, there is a minimal chance of finding foreign objects. Incidentally, this is the only step in processing the raw honey. In other words, our honey is 100% natural.